загрузка
Главная Форум Мужской клуб Воспитание детей без мамы Stay-at-home dads are sexy (все посты только на английском!)
Страницы:
Дмитрий, Москва, м. Новокосино, 56 лет
Дмитрий, Москва, м. Новокосино, 56 лет.

Screw "Russian culture"! smile_rt_40.png

CNN:

There’s a new kid on the block, and chances are he’s in a stroller being pushed by a stay-at-home dad.

According to the most recent U.S. Census, some 2 million men function as the primary caregivers in their families, and that number is substantially on the rise in light of the current "mancession." But what the stay-at-home dad lacks in earning power he may make up for in sexiness.

There’s no research on the subject, but single ladies and married moms alike seem to find stay-at-home dads hot. Are stay-at-home-dads simply sexier than their at-work counterparts? Or does their relative rarity just confer upon them a certain je ne sais quoi?

"Personally I prefer a scruffy, relaxed dad to a clean-shaven, stressed-out one," says Heidi Raykeil, author of "Confessions of a Naughty Mommy."

"This is why the dads at the park are often so attractive! Plus, they are engaged and active with their kids, which warms our hearts -- and other areas."

Apparently, there’s just something about a guy and his kid(s) that sets women aflutter. There’s even research to support this phenomenon.

For a 2006 study, researchers asked a group of men which photo they preferred: a picture of an adult or a picture of an infant. They then photographed the men’s faces and showed them to a group of women.

The results? Women found the men who liked babies more attractive, especially as potential long-term partners.

"Women like to see a gentle, caring side and to know that all the work of marriage is worth it," says Raykeil. "When dads are engaged, it engages us to watch them and feel good about our choice of life partner."

And this sentiment doesn’t seem to be limited to heterosexual couples.

"The things I find attractive in my husband of 20 years are a certain strength and ambition, a sense of humor, and now -- being fathers for seven years -- that nurturing quality that I hadn’t seen before we had kids," says Dan Bucatinsky, author of "Does This Baby Make Me Look Straight? Confessions of a Gay Dad."

There may be at least partly a biochemical explanation for the attractiveness of dads, and of stay-at-home dads in particular. According to biological anthropologist Helen Fisher, the latter are likely to have lower levels of the "male" sex hormone testosterone and more circulating estrogen, a "female" sex hormone.

As a result, these men tend to be more interested in children, calmer, more patient, more verbally skilled, better at reading posture, gesture and tone of voice, more compassionate and more apt to have other traits necessary for parenting young children.

While some women find high-testosterone men more attractive, others are drawn to guys with a softer side, says Fisher. And studies have shown that the less testosterone a man has, the less likely he is to cheat, the more supportive he is and the better he is at providing for his family.

"All women want the father of their children to be interested in their kids," she says. "This makes a woman confident that he will participate in parenting and help their mutual DNA survive."

And like a guy with a wedding ring, a man with a child in tow advertises "unavailability," which may make it easier for some women to find attractive what they know they can’t have.

I also suspect that thinking about having a man around to help care for the kids and manage household chores can help reduce stress for a lot of women. Research shows that women are more likely to experience orgasm if they feel relaxed and free of distractions, while other studies suggest that women report more relationship and sexual satisfaction when their partners help out around the house. And a stay-at-home dad can be the ultimate helper.

Still, some women may find stay-at-home dads not at all sexy ... for good reason.

"Even with men staying home more, women still tend to do more housework," said Raykeil. "It can be frustrating to come home after a long day of bringing home the bacon, and then have to scrape this morning bacon off the unwashed dishes."

And, as with any stay-at-home partner, there’s the potential for risk. A husband who stays home with the kids may start to seem dull -- or at least symbolic of the dullness that punctuates parenting sometimes, says Raykeil.

"Whenever one partner is working outside the home, he or she has more opportunities to meet other interesting people that may represent excitement and exploration outside of home life," she says.

Logan Levkoff, sexologist and author of "How to Get Your Wife to Have Sex With You," adds: "Our perceptions of stay-at-home dads vary based upon our understanding or acceptance of traditional gender roles. As more women enter the work force (and feel fulfilled by our out-of-home jobs), we like partners who are willing to pick up the slack. That being said, it is a double-edged sword. Sadly, if a man feels emasculated by his SAH status, it is very difficult to have a fulfilling sex life."

In the end, though, parenting is about a lot more than just who, if anybody, stays home with the children.

"The role of a ’dad’ is changing, both in straight and gay relationships," says Bucatinsky. "People look for partners now with far more complex and varied qualities rather than just one."

Raykeil agrees. "I think we’re in the course of redefining masculinity and fatherhood and ’providing,’ " she says. "After all, what better way to provide for your family than providing a loving and engaging relationship with your kids?"

And that, everyone can agree, is sexy.

Stay-at-home dads are sexy (все посты только на английском!)
Сообщение отредактировал редактор Легитимный (sic!) "Монстр-Атеист", Россия, Москва 01.08.2012 01:11
Тема скрыта, т.к. её содержание не нравится большому количеству пользователей. Открыть содержание
Мышка, sunshinestate, 39 лет
Мышка, sunshinestate, 39 лет.

Собственно,все уже в названии.Да все женщины находят стройных спортивных мужчин ,копошащих со своими детьми,с-суальными,а следовательно желанными.

Мышка, sunshinestate писала:
Собственно,все уже в названии.Да все женщины находят стройных спортивных мужчин ,копошащих со своими детьми,сексуальными,а следовательно желанными.
Basically, the point is perfectly clear from the title: Yes - all women find slim sporty men attending to their kids sexy, and, therefore, lusted for.

Только английский, пожалуйста! Это - эксперимент.

i have nt noticed your "write your stuff in english’.

i have nt noticed your "write your stuff in english’.
Now you have. Good. But the point of the article is different:

It’s not about men who share some of their time with their kids, but - rather - about primary caregivers, who happen to be... well... MEN. smile_rt_40.png
Сообщение отредактировал редактор Легитимный (sic!) "Монстр-Атеист", Россия, Москва 01.08.2012 01:45

do u want to know smbs opinion about dads and stay-at-home dads or not

do u want to know smbs opinion about dads and stay-at-home dads or not
Sure. In English, that is. smile_rt_40.png
ВЕСНА-КРАСНА, Россия, Москва, 56 лет
ВЕСНА-КРАСНА, Москва, 56 лет.

Whatever toy or play makes the baby gay.Any toy is OK that keeps the baby at play.(с) biggrin_rt_40.png biggrin_rt_40.png biggrin_rt_40.png
Сообщение отредактировала ВЕСНА-КРАСНА, Россия, Москва (автор поста) 01.08.2012 02:07

Легитимный (sic!) "Монстр-Атеист", Россия, Москва писал:
Now you have. Good. But the point of the article is different: It’s not about men who share some of their time with their kids, but - rather - about primary caregivers, who happen to be... well... MEN.
Its not about men its about what american women think and find out their stay.at.home husbands are really sexy.bla bla bla

to my mind all women in the whole world are the same

how many stay.at home guys here in Russia?i have no idea

ВЕСНА-КРАСНА, Россия, Москва писала:
Whatever toy or play makes the baby gay.Any toy is OK that keeps the baby at play.(с)
This quote is SO fucking GAY.

how many stay.at home guys here in Russia?i have no idea
Neither do I. But most Russian versions of "stay-at-home-dad" are a form of a couch potato who’s always looking for a job, but not really contributing to the child rearing and not cooking for his working wife. That sucks big time and it is not fair at all.

Whatever toy or play makes the baby gay.Any toy is OK that keeps the baby at play.(с)
could u please shut up

if u dont want to learn smth new or just improve ur skills.just be silent
sorry.being rude

could u please shut up if u dont want to learn smth new or just improve ur skills.just be silent sorry.being rude
Don’t be rude, please - it’s my prerogative after all. wink_rt_40.png The lady is hopeless, as are most ladies here. wink_rt_40.png Even the rich ones.

Just give her some hope instead. Tell her she’s beautiful, for example. Be a good girl, ok? smile_rt_40.png
Леонид [Admin], Россия, Ярославль, 45 лет
Леонид [Admin], Ярославль, 45 лет. [администратор]

could u please shut up if u dont want to learn smth new or just improve ur skills.just be silent sorry.being rude
Chamber of mind?
’ll stop at home ...

Leo, (LOL) this way we could get you tons of new keywords at the very least wink_rt_40.png

You could also go ahead and try to hook up with English speaking sites of similar content. Eventually that will bring you new profiles, too. Russian ladies are going to love it - I’m so sure.
Вероника, Санкт-Петербург, м. Ленинский проспект, 54 года
Вероника, Санкт-Петербург, м. Ленинский проспект, 54 года.

Я кроме английского владею немецким, немного ипанским, читаю и пишу по-фински. Вопрос: должна ли я создавать отдельную тему на каждом языке или и так сойдет? )))))

Вероника, Санкт-Петербург, м. Ленинский проспект писала:
Я кроме английского владею немецким, немного ипанским, читаю и пишу по-фински. Вопрос: должна ли я создавать отдельную тему на каждом языке или и так сойдет? )))))
I would consider German. Forget Finnish - nobody speaks Finnish.

Yet English could bring a lot of traffic and potential new personal relationships: Americans and Canadians are more tolerant to mixed families than Germans. Germans are like Russians - they rarely adopt and don’t like other people’s children.

Вероника, Санкт-Петербург, м. Ленинский проспект писала:
А мон содаса мокшень кяльть......может , поговорим? smile_rt_40.png я уже писала..."чем бы дитя не тешилось, лишь бы не плаколо.."видимо, монстр не понял смысла.. smile_rt_40.png

А мон содаса мокшень кяльть......может , поговорим? я уже писала..."чем бы дитя не тешилось, лишь бы не плаколо.."видимо, монстр не понял смысла..
I got your point. I sort of picked on you for "trying to make a baby GAY". That’s child molesting. wink_rt_40.png

It’s like:

".... быть не плохо голубым
если нужен ты другим..."

from "Голубой щенок"
Сообщение отредактировал редактор Легитимный (sic!) "Монстр-Атеист", Россия, Москва 01.08.2012 15:28
Страницы:
В теме "Stay-at-home dads are sexy (все посты только на английском!)" давно не было ответов, потому она считается закрытой. Вы можете создать новую тему, или поискать похожие.